EuCC - European Cancer CenterCross-Border Cooperation in the Upper Rhine Area
What Does EuCC Mean?
The European Cancer Center (EuCC) is a multicentric and interdisciplinary organization of the three countries in the Upper Rhine (Oberrhein) area. Members are universities, research institutes and hospitals in Basel (Switzerland), Freiburg (Germany) and Strasbourg (France) active in cancer research. The collaboration is based on the clinics for hematology and oncology as well as the fundamental cancer research at the university.
The EuCC is under patronage of EUCOR the European Confederation of Upper Rhine Universities.
The current EuCC president is Prof. Justus Duyster scientific director of the CCC Freiburg. These further persons are primarily concerned with the EuCC research activities.
- Prof. Christoph Rochlitz, Prof. Alfred Zippelius, University Hospital Basel
- Prof. Gerhard M. Christofori, University of Basel
- Prof. Jean-Emmanuel Kurtz, Hôpital de Hautepierre
- Dr. Joselyn Ceraline, Hôpital de Hautepierre
Please visit the point of contact page for further information.
EuCC aims to focus on:
- Exchange of information and scientific know-how
- Improving and intensifying the collaboration between clinical centers and basic research oriented institutes as well as between universities and the pharmaceutical industry
- Initiation of joined projects in research and education
Moving forward to the clinical application of innovative therapies
In 2014 the partners agreed to strengthens the part of clinical research in the network. Therefore EuCC intends to foster the effort in transferring the results and know-how of over 10 years into a joint action in moving towards patient oriented clinical research.
Moreover the EuCC is currently discussing the cross border education of students and staff personal.
These and further actions are going to be added on the page activities.