Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Hospital Infection Control
Principal functions of the Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Infection Control
Services to Medical Center - University of Freiburg in the field of Hospital Infection Control
- Supervise disinfection and sterilisation procedures
- Analyse and monitor hospital acquired infections, particularly in high-risk areas
- Plan and implement selective and sustainable preventive measures to ensure the early detection, containment or prevention of epidemics of hospital acquired infections
- Advise and offer support to the Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Provide advice on all matters concerning hospital hygiene and environmental medicine during rebuilding or new construction work in the Medical center
Advise the Medical Center - University of Freiburg on all questions of hygiene relating to water, air, food and drugs.
Advise the Medical Center - University of Freiburg on all questions relating to waste management, with a focus on hygiene and the environment.
Collaborate with other Medical Center departments in diagnosing and treating environment related disease.
Acting Medical Director:
Prof. Dr. med. Georg Häcker
Breisacher Straße 115 B
Phone: +49 (0) 761 270-82060
Fax: +49 (0) 761 270-82030
Phone: +49 (0) 761 270-82070
Fax: +49 (0) 761 270-83030