Environmental Health Sciences and Hospital Infection Control
Principal functions of the Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology
Services to Freiburg University Hospital in the field of infection control and hospital epidemiology.
- Supervise disinfection and sterilisation procedures
- Analyse and monitor hospital acquired infections, particularly in high-risk areas
- Plan and implement selective and sustainable preventive measures to ensure the early detection, containment or prevention of epidemics of hospital acquired infections
- Advise and offer support to the Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Provide advice on all matters concerning hospital hygiene and environmental medicine during rebuilding or new construction work in the hospita
Advise the university hospital on all questions of hygiene relating to water, air, food and drugs.
Advise the university hospital on all questions relating to waste management, with a focus on hygiene and the environment.
Collaborate with other university hospital departments in diagnosing and treating environment related disease.
Prof. Dr. med. V. Mersch-Sundermann
Breisacher Straße 115 B
Phone: +49 (0) 761 270-82050
Phone: +49 (0) 761 270-82060
Fax: +49 (0) 761 270-82030
Phone: +49 (0) 761 270-82070
Fax: +49 (0) 761 270-83030